How to set up Slack for notifications in Sonar
Now you have the ability to set up Slack for sonar notifications. This will allow for users administrators to receive the status updates of monitored hosts through Slack.
Configuring Slack Notification
Before you configure Slack Integration, you must first create a Contact, as well as a Contact Group within Sonar.
On Sonar, navigate to ' Contact > Contact '.
2. Click on Contact Methods
3. Select a Contact Method
A. Click on 'Slack'.
B. Click on the blue bar that says ' Learn how to create slack hooks'
From here, you will follow the below Slack steps in order to integrate your personal workspace.
- Click on the Create a new Slack app to create a new Slack app in the workspace where you want to post messages.
A: Insert an App name
B: Select a Slack Workspace.
- From the Features page, toggle Activate Incoming Webhooks on.
- Click Add New Webhook to Workspace
- Pick a channel that the app will post to, then click Authorize.
- Copy your Incoming Webhook URL.
avigate to Sonar
On your Sonar application, navigate to ' Contact > Contact '.
5. Click on Contact Methods
A. Select Slack
B. Click on the '+' sign.